Sunday, October 22, 2006


To My Brothers

In my life, I have come across some brothers with beautiful souls that have given me happiness. I wrote this for two of them. I want to share it with you all. Let this be my gift to you all for Eid - lets focus on the good stuff this one day.


Have I Ever Told You

Have I ever told you that I love you for the sake of Allah.
"If a man loves his brother in faith, he should tell him that he loves
him."[Abu Dawud]

Have I ever told you that you have helped me taste the sweetness of emaan.
"There are three things, that whoever attains, will find the sweetness
of faith: If Allah and his messenger are dearer to him than anyone
else; if he loves a person solely for the sake of Allah; and if he
would hate to return to disbelief (kufr) after Allah has rescued him
from it, as much as he would hate to be thrown into fire."[Agreed
upon]

Have I ever told you that if you need someone to lean on, you can count on me.
"The relationship between believers is like a wall, parts of which
support other parts."[Muslim]

Have I ever told you that I want to stand with you under the shade of Allah on
the Day of Resurrection.
Abu Hurairah (RA) reported: Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, "On the Day
of Resurrection, Allah, the Exalted, will say: `Where are those who
have mutual love for the sake of My Glory? Today I shall shelter them
in My Shade when there will be no shade except Mine"[Muslim]

Have I ever told you that I hope to sit on the pulpits of light on that
Day of Resurrection, as we are the envy of the Prophets and Martyrs.
On one occasion the Prophet(SAW) finished the prayer and turned toward
the people and said, "O people, listen and understand. Allah has
slaves who are neither prophets nor martyrs, but both the prophets and
martyrs envy them for their closeness to Allah." A bedouin stepped
forward, pointed to the Messenger of Allah and said, "O Messenger of
Allah, tell us about these people." The Prophet was pleased with the
bedouin's request and said, "They are from various peoples and tribes
who have no ties of relationship between them. They love each other
purely for the sake of Allah. On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will
present them pulpits of light for them to sit on. Their faces will be
light and their clothes will be light. The people will be scared on
the Day of Resurrection, but they will not be scared. They are the
friends of Allah who will not have any fear upon them nor will they
grieve. [Ahmad and Abu Ya'la with a hassan chain]

Have I ever told you that I have wanted to tell you this in my own
hope that may Allah love me, for whose sake I love you.
Anas bin Malik (RA) reported: A man was with the Prophet (SAW) when
another man passed by and the former said: "O Messenger of Allah! I
love this man (for Allah's sake)". Messenger of Allah (SAW) asked,
"Have you informed him?'' He said, "No". Messenger of Allah (SAW) then
said, "Tell him (that you love him)". So he went up to the man and
said to him, "I love you for the sake of Allah;'' and the other
replied, "May Allah, for Whose sake you love me, love you.'' [Abu
Dawud].

2 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, masha'allah.

Thank Allah that you know and have brothers like these in your life; we take for granted blessings like these too often.

Eid Saeed

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Musleema said...

Alhamdulilah. Beautiful indeed. May Allah increase us all in righteous companions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home