Thursday, January 25, 2007


Blade Runner Redux

I recently re-watched Blade Runner, Director's Cut, version and was amazed at how good the movie was for something that came out in 1982. I say this because this movie picks up so many literary and philosophical themes, from Frankenstein to Crime and Punishment style existentialism.

I wonder how Muslims would deal with the ethical questions concerning genetically created androids or clones. I know that we would obviously object to such creations but what if others like non-Muslims created them, how would we deal with them?

I don't have the answers and Islam will deal with them when the situation arises. But I'm just wondering...

2 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes...when i'm all alone...surrounded by darkness and pain...

i begin to think of myself as an Android....

i would be a pathetic android...i would probably become defective and have frequent malfunctions.....then i would turn againt the Humans!

wait a minute....wasn't that "I-Robot" or some dumb movie with Wil Smith?

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger zanjabil said...

Salam!
It says in the Holy Quran, Iblis will incite mankind to change Allah's creation. That is what genetic modification is...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home